My running has been lacking in 2012 and I am hoping with some changes in treatment on my knee and adjusting some of my nutrition my body can get to running again on a regular basis! So with a lack luster year I am skipping over 2012 and planning my 2013 season and well its go big or go home!
Over the next three months I am going to work up building my base back up with just running on a regular basis and that includes actually getting a babysitter to come over to watch the girls so I can run when the sunlight is out! I would do it in the morning but I watch a friend of Avery's so have to be here for them to get on the bus! I love doing that so this is what will work best! Once my base is built, I plan on starting training.
So on to my races! I am signing up for the ones I can do now and sticking with them as long as I am in good working condition. I might add a few but honestly I don't want to load my race schedule when I am already helping the track club at races throughout the year! I need some weekends with my family.
- January 2013- Battle of the Bean 5k, I did this race last year and ran my fastest 5k! Its a fun little run where you pick if you like coffee or hot chocolate better, this year I went with Team Coffee
- March 2013 Diva Dash 5k This was my first 5k ever so I love doing each year and getting all cute since its a girls only race!
- April 2013 Warrior Dash or Trolley Run I registered for Warrior but might see if I can pass it on to B and do the trolley run, its a PR run and kind of fun to run with 10k people!
- May 2013 Spirit Half Marathon- I want to see how I am doing in my training on this run and also its up at Livestrong Stadium.
- June 2013 Grandmas Marathon This is my FIRST marathon and some of my KC friends are headed up to do it so I am joining in! Yippee, I am excited and scared and nervous and excited!
- October 2013 KC Marathon I signed up for the fall because I had a discount that made the it a lot cheaper than the half so if I am hate doing Marathon, I will just switch it over to the half!
Are you already planning for 2013?(ps I am linking up with fitness Friday)