I am OBSESSED with zucchini fritters! I could literally eat them every single day! I have played around with this recipe so much and really I have not found a way I dont like. They turn out pretty good everything single time!
Honestly I adore summer for one reason and one reason only, garden harvest!! It really is such a wonderful abundance and it makes vegetarian eating so much greater! I love all seasons foods but really summer is all about over abundance!
- One large Zucchini
- 1 extra large or 2 small farm fresh eggs (my eggs from the farm are always a bit smaller than grocery store eggs, so I add two just in case!)
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
Chive, parmesean cheese and hot sauce to taste.
1. Shred zucchini in a grater. Place in cheese cloth and wring out as much as the water as you can.
2. If your breadcrumbs, oregano and parmesean are already shredded, place in a bowl, if not, get out food processor. Place your parmeasean (I usually just cut off a piece from the rind that will make about 1/4 cup), fresh oregano leaves, and a chunck of baguette bread in processor. Grind all together until they are all crushed and make a nice chunky flour mixture. Place in large bowl
3. In your breadcrumb mixture bowl, add zucchini, flour, eggs, and salt and pepper. Stir together until combined.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet (or regular skillet) with olive oil. Once it sizzles if a drop of water is added, it is ready.
5. Make little patties out of your zucchini mixture and add to skillet. Cook on each side until golden brown. (about 5 minutes on each side)
6. Remove from skillet and place on towel to asborb I little of the oil. Transfer to plate and garnish with parmesean cheese, chives and hot sauce. You could also dip in ranch or just eat plain!